Thursday, October 17, 2013

Truly Grateful....


 
 
I love this card in it's simplicity.... just a bit of DSP dressed up with Glimmer Paper and some embossing. Stampin' Up! just makes it easy!
 
And today I'd like to share one of the things I'm truly grateful for....
 
As some of you may know, my sweet, sweet Mom has been recently diagnosed with ALS or, as commonly known, Lou Gehrig's Disease. A disease without a cure. A disease where your muscle slowly atrophies until your lungs are not strong enough to breathe.
 
So, why am I grateful? For the amazing spirit she has that makes the journey easier for each of us. She finds so many things to enjoy and be thankful for each day and her focus is truly on others and never lingers on herself. I love her "why not me?" attitude that is so accepting but still with the spunk and fight to look at healthy alternative answers that will allow her to live to the fullest. I so want to be just like her when I grow up!
 
 
So grateful to you, Mom, for the amazing example of living life just the way it's meant to be lived.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

That is so pretty with the glitter. Lovely!

Mary Hogenmiller said...

A blessed day to you and your family. I would say that your 'style' of stamping suggest that you too lead a straight forward meaningful life ;-) Like this card...simple, elegant with a little sparkle for good measure. Thanks for sharing with us.

Dawn Tidd said...

Thanks for sharing that perspective, Penny! What an attitude for which to be grateful. And this is such a lovely card to share your thoughts.

Ruthie Graen said...

Thanks for sharing with us. What a tribute to your mother! Yes, " why not us" should be our go to response! Enjoy your mother and her faith and example. Extraordinary!

Naomi said...

Your mom seems like a lady of mountain-moving faith, a wonderful example for us all. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Your card is lovely - what DSP did you use? Thanks for sharing this beauty.