Friday, February 1, 2013

Just a Cup of Tea!

Dedicated to my Mom

Do you recognize the hearts, the button or the flower? It's from the Artisan Embellishment Kit! A delightful kit, new in the Spring Catalog, that is brimming with gorgeous trinkets to use on projects that require an extra special touch.

It contains ribbon, lace, buttons, doilies and tickets .... all with a very vintage feel. Love, love it!


The container was created using the beautiful card the ribbon arrived on! I knew I had to use it in a way that would show off the hearts. It's large enough for two tea bags and a darling card.
And here's what I tied to the little love note - a teacup charm. Isn't it the prettiest little thing you've ever seen?

So.... to my Mom!
A beautiful, courageous woman who has a heart of gold and a way of looking at life second to none. She also loves her china tea cups and nice long chats!

 I love you to the moon and back, Mom.
You will never know the inspiration you are to me!


Added later: Here are the general cutting measurements for the tea box!

Crumb Cake card stock: 3-1/2" x 5"
Score @ 3/4" along lower edge
Score @ 1/2", 1-1/4" 3-3/4" and 4-1/2" vertically
Die cut where shown.
Cut out areas shown
Adhere Sticky Strip as shown


Fold and adhere box as shown. I would crease score lines well with Bone Folder.
The Sticky  Strip areas showing are what adhere to the heart tag.


Adhere to Crumb Cake side of heart tag. The white will be on the back as shown.
Hope that helps! Hugs and thanks for asking!


Artisan Embellishment Kit
129328


Tea Time Trinkets
129326


5 comments:

Lesley Lendon said...

So lovely, Penny!

Eveline said...

What a great use of that card. I love the set.
Eveline.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute to your Mother. I love the way you do your photos, so eye-appealing and inviting. Thanks for sharing your ideas and terrific talents.
SIU, Seletta

BonnyO said...

Beautiful Penny! Would you share how you made the container? Thanks!

Lynette S. said...

Love this little gift! I've been trying to re-create it but can't get the dimensions just right. What a great way to showcase the Artisan Elements! Could you share how you made it? Thank you!
PS I also LOVE the dress form card. I will be CASEing it!