Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Secret Garden Card


A Secret Garden....
What a perfect place. A little hide-away filled with flowers and greenery that inspires renewal. I hope you have a place like that to retreat to once in a while.

While I don't have a garden, and my place isn't a secret....
I do love to just sit quietly in my "California living room transplanted to my Idaho bonus room". It's white and shabby and peaceful -  it does the trick.
(Actually, the trick is to take the time to spend there.)

 


 There's another Secret Garden and it just happens to be the perfect stamp set for creating 'I'm Thinking of You' cards. Subtle and beautiful in Basic Black and Crumb Cake,it has a light, uplifting feel to it - just what the occasion calls for.
 

The center of the flower was created with Pearls colored black with a Sharpie marker. Easy, easy! The pearls dry fast, but not so much the paper they come on. I hope you have a little more patience with that part than I did so you don't need to create another flower. Drat those black smudges.... couldn't even photoshop them properly!

I created this card and then noticed the challenge over at Paper Players. Perfect timing!



Secret Garden Bundle - save 15%
131100w
131099c

and as always ..... shop here!

5 comments:

Lesley Lendon said...

Another beauty, Penny!

Nance Leedy said...

Penny, this is gorgeous! I struggle using line art stamps this way and admire the look you've achieved here. Love the layout and the soft colors. So glad you could share this beauty with us at The Paper Players!

Christine Blain said...

Wow! This is so beautiful, Penny. I am a huge fan of neutrals, and you have used them in a DIVINE manner on this card, with all that lovely white space! Have just found your blog, and I LOOOVE your cards!

stampwithsandy said...

Penny, this is such a beautiful card. I love the neutral colors you chose, and the popped up flowers are stunning. Thanks for sharing with The Paper Players this week!

TLady said...

BEAUTIFUL WORK!!!!!! :)(Found you through Nancy Riley's site!)