Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thanks So Much!


Oh, Hello - thanks so much!

If you've seen the new Spring Catalog, you've seen this set and I'm sure you love it as much as I do! Variations of this card can be seen everywhere, so I guess I'll just say thank you to Stampin' Up! for creating this wonderful stamp set.

I'm thinking this is going to be the stamp set I choose for February's Online Only class .... check it out here. It's a great way to purchase the stamp set bundle and receive the pre-cut paper and embellishments to create five exclusive projects for just a few dollars more than what the stamp set will cost you!

The chevron oval (an absolute favorite of mine!) is stamped in Island Indigo which seems to create a perfect background for the Melon Mambo rose.


Oh, Hello! comes with a coordinating die - the Ovals Collection Framelits and I used two of them, run through the Big Shot! at the same time, to create the Island Indigo frame.

Wait.... that's not true! It can be and should be done like that, but actually I ran the wrong sizes through the first time, so just re-cut what I had - hah! The beauty of blogging is you can make all your mistakes behind the scenes and then tada! just show the final "look, I made it perfectly the first time" card. So doesn't happen like that!

To create the banner I first stamped the sentiment onto a 1" wide piece of Whisper White card stock and then placed it under a vellum banner to give it a muted look. Without the vellum it just seemed to be competing a bit too much with the chevron pattern in the background.



Oh, Hello! Bundle
131102w
131101c

1 comment:

Nikki Spencer said...

It's beautiful Penny, the colours are perfectly balanced and work so well together.