Friday, January 18, 2013

For the Birds


I guess I was reminiscing yesterday, as I pulled out this sweet little stamp. 

My very first introduction to Stampin' Up! was a long time ago, but I can remember feeling a little overwhelmed about what to purchase - I was starting from scratch. So... I chose a stamp set very much like "For the Birds" because it had a variety of different images I knew I could use for different occasions. That was the smart part. The not-so-smart part was that I went home without ordering ink or a stamp pad or paper! Anyone else relate to this?


But the journey into the stamping world began and I am so glad it did. It's said that you know you've found the right spot for yourself when you can forget about lunch time, quitting time, etc, and work feels more like play! If that's true, I've found it! Still a little guilty that I get to call this "work" but I'll get over that I'm sure! (That was three exclamation marks in this last paragraph - is that a sign, also?)


Here's a little tip for saving on adhesive. I usually use just four Stampin' Dimensionals to pop up my card front. If I'm using ribbon, I secure them with the Stampin' Dimensionals also.
 I go through Stampin' Dimensionals like crazy .... but I figured out how to get them for free! Yes, there's a not very talked about benefit called Great Rewards that demos can earn. Love this business! 



I just had to share this photo - this was yesterday looking out our backyard towards Boise. It was such a sparkly, beautiful day. Everything just glittered!


Even my "garden" bike.

For the Birds
126405w
126407c

Adorning Accents Edgelits
125595


Adorning Accents Embossing Folder
125601

1 comment:

Christine Blain said...

This is such a sweet card, Penny. Your snowy photos are stunning. It's very hot in my part of the world at the moment!