Friday, September 28, 2012

When All You Want is Simple!


This card was inspired by some notecards I saw advertised in one of my favorite magazines. Pricey little things, they were - but we make cards ourselves, right?

So, to the drawing board....
  • I remembered the card fronts that Becky had posted Tuesday on her blog
  • then the bicycle from Postage Due
  • the woodgrain from Orchard Harvest DSP
and there we have it!


Here's what is so interesting about these notecards.
So often we pass over the busy because we're only looking for simple.
However, I pulled the bicycle from the quite busy stamp (see below)
using Stampin' Write Markers in Early Espresso and Lucky Limeade.
While I love this stamp this time I only needed a bicycle. Perfect!
And the Woodgrain print is the simple pattern who's flip side is corn (so not my favorite!)

So from two products that didn't look like they would work at all - we have simple.
 I love, love it!

4 comments:

marcy said...

Hi Penny...

I really like your card with the bicycle ...HOW did you 'pull' it(your words) off that busy stamp?

I really, really love ALL your creations!! U are so talented !! Curious what your favorite magazine is...?

Unknown said...

Marcy,
I used Stampin' Write Markers - Early Espresso for the bike and Lucky Limeade for the handles and seat. Color in only those two parts of the stamp. Easy peasy!
So fun to find the simple in things, isn't it?

Unknown said...

Oops... and as for my favorite magazine. I actually don't look at stamping magazines much. I browse thro' them once in a while at B & N, but that's about it. So, my favorite magazine - Coastal Living. If I could live anywhere it would be by the water.... still have to figure that one out!

Ruthie Graen said...

What a wonderful card Penny! Thanks for reminding me to order this set! So many sets and so little time! Love your designs!!