Friday, August 3, 2012

Just a Travelling...


So where are you destined this summer? Somewhere fun, I hope! That's what summer is all about. Lazy days, time with friends and family, beaches, mountains, rivers and lakes.

I made this little travel journal for some of our journeys this summer. One of them is right around the corner and a dream coming true. 
Last fall we began planning a reunion of friends that we lived with up in the Yukon, Canada over thirty years ago! We're meeting in Harrison Hot Springs, British Columbia - a beautiful resort area with lots to do. Mostly tho', we'll just enjoy being together again and filling in the blanks of the last thirty years with each other.

Here's the little mini notebook I started with. Actually I had covered it with something else a few years ago and never used it. So off came the cover and I started over. My interpretation of recycling!


I chose my papers from the wonderful Fan Fair DSP suite. I especially love the bikes in the background.The card on the front is actually part of the suite - an entire page of fun and unusual tags to use. I used the Postage Stamp punch both for a background and a stamp. The Postage Due stamp set coordinates beautifully with the paper.



I also stamped some of the pages inside the notebook to add some interest. I can add pictures of our trip, receipts, notes and little bits of interest I pick up along the way.

Fan Fair DSP
126918
                                                            Postage Due Stamp Set
                                                                126395 w  126397c

3 comments:

Titelaine said...

I'm discovering your creations and they're fabulous! Thanks for sharing!


You family is just so cute!

Cheers,
Helene, from France

Susan said...

beautiful art/redo; safe & happy travels to the Yukon!!

Shelly said...

Penny, This is just beautiful. I think stamping on the pages just adds the perfect extra touch!