Saturday, January 21, 2012

Embossed Valentine

I really do love the Striped Embossing folder - however, sometimes a person just wants to stamp in the middle of it without the distraction of the stripes, Ever get that feeling?  Here's how I did it.

I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 4-1/8" x 5-3/8". I stamped my sentiment about two thirds of the way up (I adhered both sentiments to an acrylic block so I could stamp them both at the same time).
To create the "open" area where I stamped, I ran it through the Big Shot (with the Striped Embossing folder) about 1/3 of the way down from the top, took it out and ran it through 1/2 way up from the bottom, leaving the center area blank. I found this to be a simple way of achieving the look I wanted.  Adhere to card front made from Cherry Cobbler card stock, add a ribbon and you're done! A simple card but sometimes simple is best!

Sentiment from P.S.I Love You stamp set #125462  - Occasions Mini Catalog
Cherry Cobbler card stock, ink and seam binding

2 comments:

Holly Woods said...

You are so creative and brilliant! This is the perfect solution!

amydee said...

Okay, after catching up on the last few weeks of your gorgeous projects, I am really starting to see why I need the embossing folders!